Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General)
Number of Teaching Post
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Name of the Post
|02 (by CAS)
|Category of Staff
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
The Department possesses a somewhat satisfactory infrastructure-
- There are 5 class rooms for the students and one staff room for teachers.
- Among these 5 class rooms, two rooms are especially designed for computer laboratory where practical classes are taken.
- One ICT-enabled class room exists for multimedia presentation with the help of LCD projector.3. One ICT-enabled class room exists for multimedia presentation with the help of LCD projector.
- A departmental seminar library with nearly 206 reference books apart from the wide collection of books in the college library.
- Apart from seminar library, we have a book bank especially for General course students.
- We have internet facilities and WiFi connection for Staff & Students.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance with affiliating University's Curriculum and the UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Fundamental Skills in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Statistical Mathematics, Formulation of Mathematical Modelling, Geometrical and Topological address system to shape global structure and Computational Methods.
Students graduating in Mathematics will be able:
- To apply mathematical concepts and principles to perform computations.
- To use and analyze graphical representations of mathematical relationships.
- To communicate mathematical knowledge and understanding.
- To apply technology tools to solve problems.