Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General)
Number of Teaching Post
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Name of the Post
|1 (by CAS)
|Category of Staff
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
The Department possesses a somewhat satisfactory infrastructure-
- There are 4 class rooms for the students and one staff room for teachers.
- Among these 4 class rooms, two rooms are especially designed for practical laboratory where practical classes are taken.
- One ICT-enabled class room exists for multimedia presentation with the help of LCD projector.
- A departmental seminar library with nearly 100 reference books apart from the wide collection of books in the college library.
- Apart from seminar library, we have a Book Bank especially for General course students.
- We have internet facilities and Wi-Fi connection for Staff & Students.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance withaffiliating University's Curriculum andthe UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Study of major group of organisms, Animal Physiology, Morphology, Anatomy and Behaviour, Knowledge of Evolution biology, Molecular systems, Native Fauna and Conservation, Biotechnology.
- Students will learn to identify the major groups of organisms within a phylogenetic framework.
- Students will learn the evolutionary phenomenon with scientific evidences and appreciate the unity and diversity of life on earth.
- Students will acquire the knowledge as to how modification has shaped animal morphology, physiology, life history and behavior.
- Students will learn the level of the gene, genome, cell, tissue, organ and organ-system, physiological adaptations, development, reproduction and behavior of different forms of life.