Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General) & PG
Number of Teaching Post
|Name of the Post
|2 (by CAS)
* The sanctioned post against Associate Professor is accounted on the basis of promotion (through Career Advancement Scheme-CAS) of two Assistant Professors who were initially appointed as Assistant Professors.
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Category of Staff
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
- There are 4 class rooms for the students (Undergraduate Honours & General and Post Graduate as well) and one staff room for teachers.
- Out of which 3 class rooms are assigned exclusively for UG and PG classes.
- Additionally, one room is ICT-enabled having multimedia presentation facility with the help of LCD projector. This room is assigned for regular classes as well as smart classes.
- As an extention to the Main College library, a departmental seminar library with nearly 360 reference books for the existing students.
- We have internet facilities and Wi-Fi connection for Staff & Students.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance withaffiliating University's Curriculum andthe UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Bengali – Courses offered – Bachelor and Master Degree. Develops proficiency, acumen, language skills in reading, writing, interpreting, communication, journalism, etcetera
- Students will acquire knowledge and understanding of basic Bengali grammar and vocabulary.
- Students will have the knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Bengali structures and expressions in the given context.
- Students will have the ability to produce short passages in written Bengali on everyday topics.