Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General)
Number of Teaching Post
|Name of the Post ||Sanctioned ||Filled
||1 (by CAS)
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Category of Staff ||Sanctioned ||Filled
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
- There are 2 class rooms for the students and one staff room for teachers.
- We have a Book Bank especially for General course students.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance with affiliating University' Curriculum and the UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Develops the ability of thought synthesis, analytical and abstract thought processing, philosophy for society development, principles of logic, professional ethics, and human resource development.
Students graduating in Philosophy will be able
- To define key ethical concepts, including concepts such as good.
- To identify and explain the main ethical or moral issues that arise in everyday life such as right, free will, determinism, relativism, absolutism, obligation, virtue, prima facie, duty, action, intension etcetera including the specifics of friendship, trust, love, fidelity, promises, dignity, honour, respect.
- To recognize, analyze and evaluate art and beauty in relation to other sources of tolerance, acceptance, vulnerability, intimacy etcetera.
- To apply philosophical methods through logical principles and abstract thought to examine, assess and address any issue-value including ethical, epistemic, socio-political and personal value.