Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General)
Number of Teaching Post
|Name of the Post
|01 (by CAS)
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Category of Staff
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
- There are 3 class rooms for the students and one staff room for teachers.
- Among these 3 class rooms, 2 rooms especially designed to serve as laboratory where practical classes are taken.
- One of the laboratory is ICT-enabled which also serves as a class room.Where multimedia presentation with the help of LCD projector can be carried out and is often used for Departmental seminar.
- A departmental seminar library with nearly 650 reference books apart from the wide collection of books in the college library.
- Apart from seminar library, we have a book bank especially for General course students
- We have internet facilities and WiFi connection for Staff & Students.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance with affiliating University's Curriculum and the UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
- Understanding of Nature and Ecosystem.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Fundamental Skills in Pure and Applied Botany,Bio-statistical analysis.Improvment of Agronomy , Breeding of plants with desirable genetic characters, Genetic engineering of plants to produce pharmaceuticals, Culture and propagation of plants and trees of economic use or value and gardenplants,Biotechnological applications,Use of plants to synthesize products. Prevention of Plant Disease.Preservation of Ethenic Knowledge about Plants, Forest management and related studies.Breeding of plants with desirable genetic characters, Formulation of Stainable Model Symtems.
Students graduating in Botany will be able
- To learn the plant diversity and classification of plants.
- To understand the interrelationships of plants and their environment.
- To identify local botanical species.
- To develop enhanced environmental understanding and awareness.
- To identify local plants by local name in the field.
- To learn about different life processes in plants.